Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter, Harry Potter, ooh! Harry Potter, Harry Potter, yeah!

In a list of things that I like very, very much:  Harry Potter, and all things Harry Potter.  I don't really plan to geek out on Harry Potter in this blog, but it cannot be ignored that tomorrow is the USA premier of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2!  The excitement it cannot be contained.



I thought Part 1 was amazing and surprisingly faithful to the novel.  Of the events that were omitted, most were were either so inconsequential or replaced so well that I didn't notice until a long (months) time later. 

Going by the trailers, it looks like Part 2 will be taking some heavy liberties with the Battle of Hogwarts.  And I'm okay with that, as long as I still get to see Harry and Draco crash headlong into a wall at breakneck-broom-speed.  Oh oh and Kreacher leading an army of disgruntled House Elves! 

I'm catching the matinee tomorrow (in 2d, thank you). Until then:  

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

No comments:

Post a Comment