- Matsuri Festival on Thursday afternoon. These festivals are typical events in nearly every anime ever, so I'm excited to actually participate in one. I will be search-and-destroy mode for takoyaki and yakisoba. Down side: Bright, Summery, and Hot afternoon.
- Nobuo Uematsu will be speaking and providing autographs. Nobuo Uematsu is a huge name in the video game music industry, and is responsible for the most popular tunes from Final Fantasy I-IX. The autograph session is also a benefit for Japan tsunami relief.
- Music industry panels. There seems to be two music panels that I can find. One of the appears to be a sort of show-and-tell of awesome music from talented artists. Another one appears to be a panel about making video game music (it's called Let's Make Video Game Music!) and will talk about the creation process. Cannot miss that one.
- K-On! Concert. I am currently over-infatuated with K-On music, so this is awesome. It appears that the English-version voice actors are participating in this concert, and that kind of scares me. As far as I could tell (and I didn't really put a lot of effort into it), the English dubbed release did not translate the music.
- Otakon Jamspace. It's a room! And all it's for is jamming out! ON INSTRUMENTS (real ones)! That's cool. I'll check it out though I'll probably be too self-conscious to actually play something and have fun.
- And of course the cosplay, anime showings, manga library, the cafe, and the other random panels.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
RobUsa B is going to Otakon!
I'm going to Otakon! An anime convention in Baltimore, Maryland. I signed up for this a year ago and it isn't until recently that I've built up excitement for it, mostly cause I know what will be going on there. A few of the things I'm looking forward too: